Meals You Can Make with Just 5 Ingredients!
Finding time to cook has been a struggle for me lately. Being in college means I have to juggle classes, work, and trying to eat something that isn't ramen noodles or fast food every night. My first couple of semesters at college were very rough in the context of eating healthy and nutritious foods. I ate out a lot and barely cooked anything fresh or homemade. However, I've recently discovered a couple of delicious recipes that aren't only affordable but also incredibly easy to make, and I would like to share them with you today. I’ve saved tons of recipes I love to make, but today I’m sharing my top three favorites right now! All of these recipes are only 5 ingredients and are perfect for anyone living on a budget!
Creamy Garlic Pasta
Ingredients:
- Any type of pasta noodles you like (spaghetti, fettuccine, penne, rigatoni, etc.)
- Butter
- Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heavy Cream ( Or milk if you'd like)
How to make it:
Cook pasta as instructed on the box, saute the garlic in butter until everything is golden. Add in and stir the cream and parmesan (Stir with low heat on until it is as thick as you like it). Finally, toss in the drained noodles and mix everything together.
This dish is super simple, quick, and you can make different versions of this depending on what you like!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Recipe:
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Ingredients:
- Shredded Chicken
- BBQ Sauce
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Olive Oil
How to make it:
Mix the chicken and BBQ sauce in a bowl, layer it with shredded cheese between two tortillas, place some olive oil in a skillet or pan and cook quesadillas until crispy or melted.
This recipe is very versatile; you can choose any sauce for your quesadillas that you would like. I personally buy a rotisserie chicken because it will last me for multiple meals, and I can use the leftover chicken for other meals like tacos or salads.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third Recipe:
Veggie Fried Rice
Ingredients:
- Rice
- Frozen Mixed Veggies
- Eggs
- Soy Sauce
- Olive Oil
How to make it:
Cook rice, scramble an egg or two in a pan, heat up veggies in a pan with olive oil, and finally mix everything together adding in the soy sauce.
This is super super quick and great for using leftovers! You can substitute the soy sauce, olive oil, or even eggs if you'd like. You can also add any other ingredients to make it better. You can add shredded chicken, steak, celery, or anything you can think of. Frozen vegetables and rice are cheap and last forever. This recipe would also make a great side dish for something else!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you’re in college, the key to eating well is keeping things simple. These recipes are quick, affordable, and use ingredients you probably already have on hand. Your body will thank you if you cut out processed and fast food as much as possible. It is possible to eat well while on a budget! It can take no more than 5 ingredients and a little creativity. I hope I was able to give you some ideas on meals you can make at home. Try your best to eat as healthily as you can! Every meal is a choice. Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live. Take small steps every day and invest in yourself! :)
.jpg)
Hey Waylin, these are some great looking recipes! It definitely made me a little hungry, but I agree it can be hard to find the time to cook. I always like finding new recipes that will taste good and are also affordable, so I will have to try these out. I have had BBQ chicken quesadillas before and I can confirm that they are a great option. I like meals I can use chicken for!
ReplyDelete